Want to add a bit of festive spirit to your CBD regimen? Then why not try our CBD cranberry recipes? After all, fruit doesn’t come much more Christmassy than cranberries! They’re round, shiny, red, and full of vitamin C goodness. They go fantastically well as a sauce served alongside the Christmas meal, or, as a very berry treat within your brownie!
So here are two CBD cranberry recipes that will help you maintain your general wellbeing at Christmas, as well as being totally yummy!
CBD cranberry sauce recipe
Ingredients for CBD cranberry sauce:
350g fresh cranberries
The zest of 1 orange
125g brown sugar
125g white sugar
1 cinnamon stick (or 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon)
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
5 drops of CBD oil
Depending on your tolerance level, try Amma Life’s 10%, 15% or 25% CBD oil. Or if you are new to CBD try our 5% CBD oil. Now available with added vitamin D, which according to the NHS, is great for a Christmas time health boost!
- Mix all ingredients except the CBD together in a medium or large saucepan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally until all the sugar melts and the cranberries start to soften and pop, then remove the cinnamon stick if you are using one.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken and cool, add the CBD oil into the cranberry sauce and stir well.
- Once at room temperature, transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately, or pop it in the fridge so you can enjoy the CBD cranberry sauce later on!
Trust us, you’ll be saving this CBD cranberry sauce recipe for Christmas next year, and every year after that!
CBD cranberry brownie recipe
Ingredients for CBD & cranberry brownie recipe:
200g CBD butter (learn how to make it here)
75g dried cranberries
150g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
200g soft brown sugar
Although CBD does start to break down soon after you make the butter, it will outlive the brownies so you still get a decent dose of CBD in this CBD & cranberry brownie recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 20 x 20cm tin. Melt the CBD butter gently in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Whisk the eggs, CBD butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Sift the flour together with the cocoa powder, then whisk in the eggs, butter and sugar mixture. Stir the cranberries into the mixture.
- Pour into the lined tin and scatter the chopped dark chocolate over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool before turning out the tin and cutting into 12 slices, and then devour.
This CBD & cranberry brownie recipe goes down an absolute treat on a cold Christmas evening! So why not share the love, and the recipe, with your loved ones this Christmas?