Push aside your regular breakfast and get your beaters out, it’s going to be Shrove Tuesday soon and we are making Pancakes! Good to get a head start and practice for a few weeks before the special day. And better yet, we are making the most delicious, spectacularly light & fluffy, CBD infused pancakes. So good, they’ll knock your socks off!
CBD infused Pancakes: The Batter
First things first, we need a good batter base. Simple yet effective, we’ve refined our recipe to ensure you get the softest and lightest CBD infused pancakes. Delicious, tasty, and with an added CBD boost, it will be the perfect start to your day.
- 140g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 230ml of milk
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 5 drops (approx. 0.3ml /50mg CBD) Amma Life’s 15% CBD Oil
If you are vegan, or have decided to continue Veganuary into lent, you can use the following vegan alternatives:
- Use your preferred non-dairy milk – we find oat milk works best.
- You can either use an eggless mix, or if you don’t have it in the house, you can use mashed banana.
- Instead of butter, again use your preferred alternative – we love Flora’s Plant Butter.
- Sieve all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Divide the egg yolk from the egg white. Place the yolk in the large mixing bowl with all the dry ingredients and the white into a separate mixing bowl. If using the vegan alternative, ignore this step and add your mashed banana or eggless mixture to your dry mix.
- Now for extra fluff, beat your egg whites with 1 teaspoon of sugar until you have stiff peaks, then put it to one side.
- Gradually mix your milk into your dry mix. If you like thicker pancakes add less milk, or, if you prefer thinner pancakes add more! But be sure to beat out any lumps.
- Whip out your favourite non-stick frying pan, place it on a low heat and pop in the butter. Once the butter has melted and coated the pan, scrape the excess into your pancake mix.
- Stir in both the melted butter and your Amma Life CBD oil into the pancake mix, ensuring that it’s all thoroughly mixed in so that the CBD infuses evenly.
- Once that’s fully mixed in, pop your fluffed up egg whites into the pancake mix. Fold the egg whites gently into the mix, making sure you don’t knock out any of the air – this will give you delightfully light and fluffy pancakes! (Miss this step out if you are vegan)
- And there you have it – delicious, CBD infused pancake batter!
Browse our range of CBD oils for pancake day perfection!
In our recipe above we opted for Amma Life’s 15% CBD Oil, but as with toppings, this is something you can choose to mix up! Just be sure to adjust the quantity to suit your needs.
Now let’s get cooking!
Now, you no doubt know this part, but it’s time to ladle a lovely dollop of your pancake batter into the centre of your buttered frying pan. When the pancake begins to bubble slightly, it’s time to flip it! Cook until both sides of the pancake are golden, then place into a slightly warm oven to keep it hot whilst you make the rest. If your pan starts to stick slightly, don’t be afraid to pop in a little extra butter. Once you have a stack of CBD infused pancakes keeping hot in the oven it’s time to start thinking about the toppings.
But first, a cuppa!
We all love a nice cuppa, so why not accompany your CBD pancakes with one of our award winning CBD teas? It’s the perfect duo! And it can even help aid your digestion…
It’s time to TOP it all off!
If your pancake is a canvas, then toppings are the paint! Get creative with what you put on your CBD infused pancakes, so you can create a mouth-watering masterpiece. Here are a few of our favourite combinations, some more classic than others, but all as delicious as the next:
- Maple syrup & bacon – a classic combination. If you are meat-free, you can switch out the bacon for berries!
- Melted chocolate & banana – the ultimate combination if you decide to replace eggs with mashed bananas.
- Mascarpone & berries – dusted with icing sugar for absolute perfection.
- Peanut butter & jam – a nod to our neighbours across the Atlantic, this classic American combination is perfect for your CBD infused pancakes.
- Yoghurt & fresh fruit – great for a slightly healthier option. We recommend mango with plain yoghurt and a light crumble of dark brown sugar on top.
- Brie & cranberry sauce – if sweet & savoury is your go-to, why not try this hearty combo?
- Ham & gruyere cheese – if sweet isn’t your style this classic savoury option is a must!
There are a plethora of options available to you, so delve into your cupboards and pull out all your favourite flavours this Shrove Tuesday. Between the taste, the fun of it, and the effect of CBD, you’ll have the best CBD infused pancake day. Who knows, you might just make it a monthly occurrence – because let’s be honest, once a year is definitely not enough!