With the UK into its third week of lockdown, many of us are running out of things to do at home. If you are starting to feel the mental and physical effects of staying at home, we have created this guide of things to do at home during lockdown to help keep you calm, happy and healthy.
Why not work towards changing your mindset, so you can take this as an opportunity to get creative and playful in your own home? There are tons of free resources and activities to take part in, if you know where to find them! So support your mental and physical wellbeing and give some of these ideas a go.And keep reading until the end where you can find how to enter our CBD recipe competition, to be in with a chance of winning the Amma Life Deluxe CBD Cream, worth £49.99!
Watch free stage performances online
In response to the lockdown, more and more theatre companies are opening up their archives to bring theatre performances to your living room. Now that theatres are closed for the months ahead, switch up your nightly Netflix habit for some world class performance instead:
- Subscribe for a free 7 day trial of BroadwayHD - showing classics such as Kinky Boots and The King and I
- The National Theatre are streaming a new play every Thursday at 7pm. Catch Jane Eyre on Thursday 9th April.
- Andrew Lloyd Webber is releasing one of his musicals to his YouTube channel every Friday at 7pm free to stream for 48 hours
- Free opera
- A full list of theatre companies offering free performances.
Do free online workouts
In the UK we can only leave our homes to buy essentials, such as food and medicines, and to exercise once a day, such as a run, walk or bike ride. But if you don’t fancy going outside, there are plenty of options for things to do at home, such as some great free home workouts:
- PE with Joe Wicks - great for kids and adults can join in too. Every morning at 9am start the day with a 30 minute workout with Joe.
- Yoga with Adrienne - popular new video series called ‘Home’ with 20-30 minute yoga workouts.
- Fitness Blender - for every kind of workout, there is a free video on this website. You can search videos by training type, duration, or even by calorie burn.
- 305 Fitness provides dance workouts on their YouTube channel.
- More online workouts can be found on this website.
Get out in the garden
If you are stuck at home with time on your hands, take up gardening as a new hobby. If you don’t have a garden, offer to do it for a vulnerable or elderly neighbour (from a safe distance of at least 2 metres). It gets you outside, it’s within Government safety guidelines, it is great exercise and by summer you will find all that work so rewarding as you witness your new garden blossoming and blooming.
If you are new to gardening, check out these beginners’ guides:
- RHS beginners guide to weeding
- Better Homes and Gardens 10 Step Guide to beginning a garden
- Fix has a handy infographic with a list of essential tools for gardening beginners
- Planting a Vegetable Garden. Gardening Mentor show you how to grow organic food in a small space.
Home-schooling with celebs
Stuck for ideas for home-schooling the kids? The following celebs have got you covered:
- Start the day with a Joe Wicks PE lesson everyday at 9am.
- Learning maths with Carol Vorderman is now free during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Learn English with David Walliams every day at 11am, when you can listen to one of his World’s Worst Children stories, as part of his Elevenses video series.
- Learn music with Myleene Klass. Since the lockdown, she has been releasing videos on her YouTube channel teaching music lessons such as basic rhythms and the difference between minor and major.
- Join Darcey Bussell’s daily live dance lessons on Facebook, everyday at 1.30pm.
- Learn history with a 30 day free trial from History Hit
- Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday join Theo Michaels live on Instagram for a 30 minute live cookery lesson
Learn to cook and bake
Always watched cookery programmes but never been a keen cook yourself? Now is the time to try it, and it’s a great way to get the kids involved in some fun and simple life skills, too:
- Jamie Oliver has some fantastic resources on his website such as Get Kids Cooking and plenty of free cook-along videos for kids and adults
- Take part in a virtual Bake Off or Come Dine With Me via video call with friends and family
- Enter the Amma Life CBD recipe competition to win a free Deluxe CBD cream. Details below!
Amma Life CBD Recipe competition
We are launching a CBD recipe competition, to find the best CBD recipe to maintain your health and wellbeing during lockdown. Get creative in the kitchen and WIN our popular Deluxe CBD Body Cream, worth £49.99!
To take part:
- Upload a photo of the Amma Life CBD product you have used, together with your final food or drink creation & the recipe you used to create it. Include a name for your creation. Remember to add CBD to the recipe!
- Tag us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with @ammalifestyle and use the hashtag #AmmaLifeCompetition
Check out some of our Amma Life CBD recipes for inspiration:
Stay safe and well everyone, and most importantly stay at home.